Dr. Betters has been the Senior Pastor of Glasgow Reformed Presbyterian Church in Bear, Delaware since 1986. He has a daily radio program, airing since 1994, In His Grip, which can be accessed online at www.MARKINC.org. In his article, Dr. Betters enumerates the “potentially invalid reasons for leaving a Bible believing evangelical church". These are:
- The Church is a Volunteer Organization. I can take it or leave it.
- The preacher just doesn’t cut it. He is boring and drones on and on.
- The church is not meeting my needs.
- I don’t like the way the church is spending our money.
- I disagree with the direction of the church.
- We don’t need more buildings. We must focus on missions and outreach.
- The church is too focused on numbers.
- The church has wounded me.
- The church is trying to be too much like the world.
- I do not like the music. I want the old hymns.
 “Your Pastor’s Pain: Whose Fault Is It?” by Dr. Chuck Betters
 “A Healthy Church Member is an Expositional Listener” by Thabiti Anyabwile (Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church, Cayman Islands; he blogs regularly at Pure Church)
 How to prevent church splits
 Forming a theology of music; should Baptist churches sing “Majesty”?
 Supreme Court ruling on termination or expulsion of church members
 The Marian Guinn Case : right of church discipline ends upon withdrawal of membership
 The Marian Guinn Case: Improper use of church discipline